Monday 10 September 2012

Birthday Fishes!

Tomorrow is my wonderful hubby's birthday & when I saw this image from Anne Fenton  I knew it was the one for him. When we lived in the city Bill created a beautiful oasis in our backyard with a big pond, waterfall, patio & cedar gazebo. His pride & joy were the "fishies" that lived happily in the pond all summer & in tanks in our basment in the winter. I think the hardest part for him when we moved to the cottage was leaving his pond & his koi behind! The young couple that bought our house were very excited about taking over the care of said pond & fish but Bill just wasn't sure they would love them as much as he did! LOL We have plans to build a pond here at the lake but until that time comes I thought maybe these little fishies would tide him over! The image as I said is one from Anne Fenton at the freebie challenge on the Outlawz site, colored with prismacolor pencils & OMS, papers are Basic Grey, ribbon is from my (huge) stash & the manly bling is Recollections. Thanks for stopping by....hope you have a great week....me, I have tons of birthday cards to make....Sept. is a big time birthday month in my family!



I want to enter this card in the following challenges:
1. Digi Haven.....fins or feather
2. Dude Time Doodles.....2 shades of blue
3. One Stop Craft Challenge #198.....no flowers

18 comments:

  1. Great card, I like the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles, Good Luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Renee! Your pond sounds like it was wonderful. Your hubby is sure to love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'll say you nailed his birthday card Renee! That image couldn't be more perfect for him after hearing about his fish pond. :-) Hope his day is packed with family and fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Tuesday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Big Happy Birthday To Bill.
    Renee your card is fabulous love those fishes Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet birthday card for your husband. Gorgeous image and colored beautifully and that sentiment is perfect. So glad you joined us for the shades of blue challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific birthday card! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful card and sentiment for your hubby! Could you edit your post and share the link for the free digi? That way I and others can snag it during the challenge on Digi Haven. And thanks so much for joining in on our Fins & Feathers challenge!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fish are cool. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven. (Please include the direct link for the freebie).
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww what a sweet sentiment I love your image & the design is fab!
    Good luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooops forgot to say thanks for playing at Dude Time Doodles this time!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx
    ps Happy birthday to your hubby! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous, love those fish and the orange and blue look fab together
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww...this is so sweet and I just know he will think so too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Haven.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card, great image and I love the colour combo. thanks for joining us at Digi Haven and hope to see you back again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Renee this is so beautifully designed and the colours and embellishments work so well together. Wishing you a fab Friday.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card and sweet too. Thank you for joining us this week ♥ Denise @ Digi Haven ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card and I love your sentiment! Thanks for playing with us this week at DigiHaven

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee