Friday 22 June 2012

The Big Guy

I am not even going to discuss our weather any longer! (that should tell you that we are still getting rain!) Bill & I are heading out tomorrow for a fun weekend with friends. We are off to a cabin on Lake Winnipeg with 2 other couples....it's an annual thing...& we always have such a great time. We have known each other for nearly 40 yrs. & for the last 5 yrs. we have also gone to Arizona together for 2 mths. in the winter to get away from the deep freeze that is Manitoba in Feb/Mar. (why do I live here....it rains for months & then is freezing for months!!!) Anyway, my card is for one of the guys going with us...it's his birthday & he is an avid golfer so this image from Mo's Digital Pencil is perfect for him. It's called "Big Guy Golfing". I have colored him with prismacolor pencils, paper pieced his vest (a first for me!),  papers are from Recess & have been in my stash forever! Hope you all have an awesome weekend!




I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Bronte and Bella's challenge.....masculine
CCEE Stampers.....masculine
Crafting for all seasons.....For men
Crafts & Me.....anything goes
Fussy & Fancy Friday.....Boy attitude
Moving along with the times.....happy birthday
My Mum's Craft Shop.....about the boys

8 comments:

  1. Renee, I can tell you that the rain here in the North West of the UK is at this moment Torrential !! and has been this way since early hours this morning.
    I dont know if I could put up with your deep freeze though Brrrrr I hate the cold.
    I wish you a nice time away with your friends and with a birthday celebration too, you and your friends should have great fun.
    Your card is super, Im sure he will love it , I had to laugh at the sentiment its precious, I must remember that one , I have a brother in law who is a golfer.
    Have fun take care Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe brilliant Renee! :)) I am also from the North West of the UK and it is STILL raining as I type this! At last look, we'd have 3.5inches of rain so far today... :/
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week!
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh your paper piecing is spot on perfect. Gotta be a plaid vest. LOL Many, MANY years ago I worked at a jewelry store and we had an older lady who worked there. She was divorced and to look at her you'd think she was sweet as pie. I will forever associate her with the phrase she used when certain men walked into the store--"Here comes another golfin' fool." LOL Apparently she knew how to spot the golfers and didn't care much for them. Not sure if her ex had golfed but she sure was anti-golf. LOL Hope you have a fabulous weekend Renee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great image and fabulous layout. Love the buttons. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and so creative. Love everything about it especially the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    Digistamps4Joy DT Member
    Doing Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card - great image and super sentiment :o)
    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you finally have some sun Renee , enjoy your holiday Hugs Elaine Thank you for your kind comments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehehe! Oh Renee...this is the cutest card...and that sentiment is the BEST ever!! I'll remember that for my next "golf" card! So glad you've joined us for this week's challenge at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee