Wednesday 11 July 2012

Whine, whine, whine!!!

You are going to think "this one is never happy, she is always whining!" Not long ago I was moaning about the cold, rainy weather we were having.....well, now it's too darn hot!!! Our temps have been above 30C for over a week now & the humidity is awful....I don't do well with humidity! One bonus to the heat is I'm seeing all kinds of birds having a bath in my fountain....there is a little bubble of water that comes out the top & the hummingbird loves to sit on it! I'm trying to get a picture but the little fellow is just too shy & flies off everytime I get close enough with the camera!
So, about my card. I made this for a friend from TCC...we have a birthday card exchange over there. The digi is from Anne Fenton at The Outlawz & the "happy birthday" is Penny Black; colored with prismacolor pencils....I attempted to do the distress ink thing (on her jeans) but I need alot more practice with that!!!! DP is from My Mind's Eye & the music note paper is downloaded from the net; CS is Bazzill & I have used Spellbinders (oval & scalloped oval) & a beautiful  Memory Box die that I just bought....cherry blossoms. Have an awesome day!


Challenges I am entering this card in:
1. Celebrate the Occasion.....Happy Birthday
2. Party Time Tuesdays.....Let's get punchy
3. Stamp N Plus.....anything goes
4. Crafty Bloggers Network.....anything goes
5. Lexi's Creations.....for a friend
6. Make It Monday.....anything goes
7. Tammy's Scrappin Corner.....anything goes
8. Totally Stampalicious.....favorite embellishment (flowers)

20 comments:

  1. Great colour combo, so refreshing! Yeah, it's too darn hot here, too (Poland), so I know what you mean LOL Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! Love your papers!

    No danger of it being too hot here in the UK....bit too wet for my liking though!

    Thanks for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week!

    Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the musical theme. Thanks for posting in the Stamp n plus challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're a whiner--I can't stand humidity, either! HATE IT. But, I LOVE your card! So cute! And I adore the bright and cheerful colors you used! Fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flowers and sheet music paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hummingbird story. So cute. The colours in this card are so fresh and the music paper is perfect for this image. Thanks for linking up to our Anything Goes Challenge at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute. TFS with us at CTO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful flowers. I love your DP's. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! This sweet image makes me smile.

    ~Cheryl~


    PS Saw you at MIM too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card with the orange, your image is so cute and I love your flowers! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know anyone who's NOT complaining about the heat so don't worry about it. LOL Your card is super sweet Renee. Way to go with the orange. That's not a color I use much but it looks awesome. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know how you feel the heat is horrible in Florida right now. I love this cute card, I also like your flowers and coloring
    I am so pleased you
    decided to join us for our Challenge.
    Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi. How lovely. Gorgeous papers and wonderfully co-ordinated. It highlights your image perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Renee your card is so happy : ) love those cherry blossoms. Thank for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner- Elisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm from Alberta and we have had the same weather, too wet, now too hot, no pleasing us is there:O) Love your card with that cute image and the musical theme, wonderfully put together. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our 'for a friend' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fabulous Renee well done a super card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! I love your image and your sheet music background paper! Thanks for playing at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hear you about the heat. I feel like I'm melting most the time these days, but your very cool colors on your card have brought me much relief. The orange reminds me of the orange ice cream bars at the store..yum! Love that your image protrudes off the main page too. That looks wonderful. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Renee, your card is just too cute. Love the DP's you have chosen and the adorable image. I hear you about the humidity too!!! Thanks for joining us for the current challenge at Lexi's Creations: For a Friend.Hugs Stay cool and hope to see you next week for our new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the orange for this card. It looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Stamp N Plus.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping for a visit! I love reading your comments & appreciate the time you take to leave them!
Hugs, Renee